Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm (still) Pregnant and I Know It

Even though I feel like I've been pregnant for at least two years, in reality it has only been 33 weeks. That's right, I still technically have SEVEN more weeks to go. The good news is that full term for twins is 36 weeks, which is only THREE weeks away. The bad news is that if they don't come on their own, I won't be induced until 38 weeks. FIVE MORE WEEKS!! So I really hope the magic number is 36. Send good thoughts of the number 36 my way, people. Please. 

Before I post any of the "cute," posed pregnancy pictures, I want to show you the reality:

This is yesterday

Yep. Glamorous, right? Most days, I don't shower, put on makeup, or even wear my own clothing. For the most part I stay in bed wearing basketball shorts and T-shirts that Ryan is kind enough to let me wear since even my maternity clothing is uncomfortable as sin. Standing up for longer than a couple of minutes is not much of an option and walking is about as fun as riding a bike with no seat attached. 

But just for fun...here are the posed shots:



11 or 12 weeks


13 or 14 weeks

About 16 weeks


Around 18 weeks


About 20 weeks

20-21

20-21

20-21

20-21

And then the pictures get fewer and farther between because it was at about this time that I started staying at home most of the time since discomfort and pain only kept increasing by the day.

Somewhere in the 20's

Further into the 20's

29 weeks when the babies decided to try to come

31 weeks
Two days ago at Lowe's...

...because I HAD to be present in order to make a decision. Because we all know that men cannot be counted on to make certain important decisions on their own!!

And there it is. Our 33 week journey. It has been crazy uncomfortable and painful and tiring and emotionally draining...but I feel so blessed to be able to go through it. The babies are growing wonderfully and we have not had any huge complications, which I am so grateful for. So, stay tuned because hopefully within the next THREE weeks we will have two more birthdays in our family!!!

14 comments:

Jessie said...

I showed this to Eric and said that I am amazed you've made it this far and are still pregnant ... he then added, "and not dead..." lol

Best of luck!

Kurt and Kristy said...

You look great! I looked like that with just one baby at 25 weeks! Hang in there!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, Megan. I am laughing my head off right now. Seriously, laughing to the point of crying. My husband thinks I'm crazy. The Lowe's pictures caught me so off guard that I just lost it laughing. I have contemplated doing that exact same thing in the store, but haven't dared. No to mention, bed rest has limited my time in stores lately, but soon (4 days, but who's counting!?) that'll be lifted!

I just have to say that I can 150% relate to every single thing you wrote. EVERYTHING. It's so nice to know someone else is going through it and surviving, too. Wish we were closer so we could compare twin pregnant bellies. Good luck with your last few weeks! Can't wait to see pics of your cute girls!

Ashlee said...

You are adorable!!! I am so excited for you. You can do it. Hope all is well. Miss you!

Marjie said...

You are so beautiful! I'm so excited and happy for you!!!!!

Carla Bentley said...

I'm glad you feel good enough to post and still have a sense of humor. You are amazing they way you've handled this and Ryan is so good the way he's taking care of you. I LOVE the picture of the two of you together, so funny. Love you both so much.

Rachael Charles said...

You are my hero. And you make excellent babies (who I haven't seen in ages.). You can do this!. Also, Aiden is six months old and I am still doing the bball shorts/big t-shirts/no makeup thing. Oy! Can we come visit you after the babies are born and when you're ready? We miss you!

Kate said...

I laughed so hard at the lowes picture that I woke up Kyle! Oh meg you are a CHAMP. And I have to say the top natural picture of you is the cutest!! You are doing a great job, hang in there! I hope the next few weeks, however many there are go smoothly as possible! Good luck! Love you!

BJC said...

Hang in there! We love you guys.

~The Calls

Ella said...

Oh, Megan, I love this! You are rocking those twins like a boss. :) best of luck!

C C & R said...

I am with everyone else....that Lowe's photo is awesome! Hang in there!

Laura said...

Glad those babies are still cooking! You are SO cute! Hang in there! What an exciting time ahead for you guys!

Dennis Family said...

Yea!! I'm so glad you posted this!! One day you'll be glad too! You honestly still look beautiful and those little girls are so lucky to have you!!

Camille said...

Hope all goes well! so excited for you. And just to help you feel better, you look great, and to be perfectly honest, my belly gets as big (if not bigger) than yours at 31 weeks with only ONE baby, so you're looking amazing!